SBA Proposes Rule for WOSB/EDWOSB Certification
Today, May 14, the Small Business Administration published a proposed rule to require certification of Women-Owned Small Business Concerns (WOSB) and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business Concerns (EDWOSB) participating in the section 8(m) WOSB Program.
A few notable items include:
– certification applies to only those businesses who want to compete for set-aside or sole source contracts under the 8(m) Program
– SBA will provide an electronic application process (free)
– third-party certification requirements (certifiers must be approved by SBA and are permitted to charge a fee)
– opportunity to request reconsideration
– SBA will accept from the VA, VOSB or SDVOSB certification for women veterans
The proposed rule is lengthy and comments are due on or before July 15, 2019.
. . .